By William Hay, Myron Levin, Robin Deterding, Visit Amazon's Mark Abzug Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Mark Abzug,
Evidence-based details at the care of kids from beginning via youth in an easy-to-use, find-it-now presentation
CURRENT prognosis & remedy Pediatrics, 21e provides concise, up to date, and clinically suitable insurance of the way to evaluate and deal with universal issues in young ones. often called the on-the-go advisor to pediatrics, the e-book positive factors the easy-to-follow LANGE present define presentation, which is composed of: challenge, necessities of prognosis and therapy, scientific gains, therapy, diagnosis.
Written through skilled pediatricians to make sure that each bankruptcy displays the wishes and realities of daily perform, this can be an important source for pediatricians, kin practitioners, surgeon assistants, nurses and nurse practitioners, and the severe care unit.
- Emphasizes the medical points of pediatric care whereas additionally masking vital underlying rules
- offers a short, authoritative consultant to the analysis, realizing, and therapy of quite a lot of pediatric health conditions
- comprises distinctive description of illnesses in addition to the diagnostic and healing approaches
- equipped via common issues in addition to through organ platforms
- provided in time-saving LANGE CURENT define layout: challenge, necessities of prognosis & general positive aspects, scientific Findings, Differential prognosis, remedy, diagnosis
- offers concise overviews of vital pediatric future health issues, together with youth nutrients and consuming problems, substance abuse, psychiatric problems, baby abuse, oral drugs and dentistry, immunization, and emergencies and injuries
By Annah N. Abrams, Anna C. Muriel, Lori Wiener
This textbook walks clinicians throughout the psychosocial concerns and demanding situations confronted via youngsters and teens with melanoma and their households. via a developmental lens, the textual content presents tips and assets that may allow clinicians to appreciate the actual and emotional influence of the illness from analysis onwards, to paintings with households in misery, and to diagnose and deal with more than a few behavioral, mental, and psychiatric matters. The ebook additionally addresses the burgeoning fields of social media, complementary remedies, palliative care, and survivorship. one of the number of important assets provided are evaluate instruments, web pages, and extra studying fabrics. The psychosocial matters that come up for kids and their households in the course of the process remedy are an enormous but frequently neglected point of pediatric oncology care. The reader will locate that Pediatric Psychosocial Oncology: Textbook for Multidisciplinary Care covers those matters on the vanguard of scientific care in an immediate and approachable means, integrating learn literature with useful scientific guidance.
By Keith McBurnett, Linda Pfiffner
Compiling the services and study of a number of the such a lot widely-cited opinion leaders within the box, this reference spans the etiology, evaluation, and administration of ADHD and covers the entire crucial facts required to deal with sufferers with this ailment together with medical definitions, psychosocial administration ways, medicine dosing levels, and tendencies in public coverage and third-party repayment
By Neil McIntosh, Peter J. Helms, Rosalind L. Smyth, Stuart Logan
This name is an entire, evidence-based reference of basic pediatrics written via a hundred and fifty specialists from world wide. The contents conceal children’s wellbeing and fitness wishes and difficulties within the constructing in addition to the constructed international, with an emphasis on prevention in addition to therapy. it's the perfect overseas reference resource for pediatricians and kinfolk medical professionals during the world.
- The textual content is readable, transparent and informative, with details firmly grounded within the most recent scientific proof and trials
- Strong proof base to textual content - as proven within the comprehensiveness of the references on the finish of every bankruptcy - those sections are unrivaled by means of the other book
- Editorial group of four editors (one new for this variation) interact as a workforce to make sure that the knowledge is constant in caliber, type and level
- Over 500 illustrations, with a useful color part that comes with photos of eye stipulations, rashes, histology, and blood diseases
- Comprehensive index guarantees that info are available speedy and easily
- Written with a world-wide viewers in brain and geared toward the practitioners - pediatricians and kinfolk medication medical professionals - operating locally in addition to the medical institution setting
- Expansion of knowledge on children, hypersensitive reaction, prescribing and genetics - based on the most recent advancements in those fast-changing area
- International measurement better, with specific specialise in children’s ailments within the constructing international - an distinctive asset on the grounds that too many textbooks forget about or commit little area to constructing international problems
- Includes many new specialist individuals drawn from the global neighborhood of pediatricians - specifically from Europe, Africa and Asia
- New bankruptcy at the epidemiology of sickness in constructing countries
- New, tighter kind and presentation - as finished as ever, yet with a extra smooth, crisper style
- International Advisory Panel of specialists from worldwide - new to this edition
- Online model of entire textual content and illustrations on hand with buy of the ebook - makes the publication available anyplace there's a web connection
By Bruyn R.
The publication takes an evidence-based method of universal diagnostic imaging dilemmas in pediatric ultrasound. It offers transparent and referenced pediatric imaging instructions for universal and arguable dilemmas. * makes use of a pragmatic, step by step strategy. * Covers the sensible elements of scanning, in addition to the position, price, and barriers of ultrasound in numerous ailments. * gains over 500 illustrations, together with eighty colour scans * Written at a degree compatible for either scholars and practitioners. * Written and edited by way of a pediatric radiologist.
By Ellen M. Chiocca MSN CPNP APN RNC-NIC
Complex Pediatric review offers an in depth and accomplished method of acquiring the historical past and actual exam of kids, start via early life. The textbook methods the wellbeing and fitness evaluation of the pediatric customer through the use of a physique structures framework within the context of developmental and cultural features of kid overview. as well as actual review, emphasis is put on put on the child’s psychosocial health and wellbeing, with chapters on conversation, family members review, psychological healthiness evaluation and evaluation of abuse and forget. future health upkeep and well being can be emphasised, with separate chapters on pediatric future health supervision, food and safeguard.
By Laurie C. M.D. Miller
This booklet isn't just for pediatricians. actually, it truly is awfully priceless for adoptive mom and dad at many levels within the adoption method, together with:
(a) these in need of trustworthy information regarding the overall medical/health hazards of other programs/countries;
(b) these eager to understand how a lot and how much scientific details to anticipate at referral; and
(c) those that wish history information regarding convinced health conditions which are extra universal for foreign adoptees than the final U.S. inhabitants.
The book's contents comprise a overview of accessible literature at the extra universal clinical concerns by means of country/region. It additionally addresses prenatal publicity hazards (e.g., to alcohol, medications, smoking, and stress), immunization concerns, commute and transition to the adoptive family members, progress and improvement, infectious ailments, neurcognitive/behavioral difficulties, and different subject matters. no longer strangely, the ebook has just a little of a scientific suppose yet for all that's hugely readable for the layperson.
By Kristin Goodheart, James R. Clopton, Jacalyn J. Robert-McComb
Our realizing of consuming issues has stronger markedly over the last 10 years because the ebook of the former version of this quantity. Early intervention is the most important, as physique dissatisfaction, obsession with thinness, and limited and binge consuming are available in these as younger as ten. Exploring prevention equipment and healing recommendations, the second one version of consuming problems in girls and youngsters: Prevention, tension administration, and therapy is up-to-date with new learn on those devastating maladies. Highlights within the moment version contain: An emphasis at the body structure of consuming problems and genetic components concerning anorexia and bulimia Theories on prevention and the identity of at-risk participants the newest details on healing modalities, together with cognitive behavioral, interpersonal, constructionist, and narrative ways in addition to pharmaceutical administration dietary evaluate and remedy particular workout strategies for girls and kids with consuming problems An accompanying CD-ROM containing a PowerPoint® presentation for every bankruptcy With contributions from acclaimed clinicians widely recognized for his or her paintings with the consuming illness inhabitants, this quantity acknowledges the multifaceted nature of those issues, addresses the widening demographic diversity of these troubled, and delves into the problems in the back of their improvement. It presents sensible suggestions for remedy from many views, proposing huge, immense desire for those who painfully fight with those issues. additionally, it explores serious measures that may be taken to assist the bigger inhabitants comprehend and paintings to avoid consuming issues of their groups.